- Snacks & hot drinks at the start, baguette at halfway
- Hot meal at the finish.
- Event pack on the day - timing chip, bib
- Full event support - marshals, support walkers
- Fully signed route, route map
- Zumba themed warm up at the start
- Manned Check points en route
- Event medics at rest stops
- Finish line celebrations & meal
- Finishers medal
- Free shuttle to Princes Risborough train station at the end of the Challenge
- Welcomed in by your friends, family and supporters!
The Challenge - 50km
Walk, Jog, or Run it
.. then celebrate!
FOR INDIVIDUALS & TEAMS
Sat 29 Sept 2018
The challenge cuts through a stunning section of the Chiltern Hills, starting in Henley next to the River Thames. Our route follows the Chiltern Way, the historic Ridgeway trail which is one of the oldest roads in England, and the ancient Icknield Way, with rest stops enroute with snacks & drinks, and lunch at half way. There're a few ups & downs before descending to the town of Princes Risborough where the finish line and tented village await, where can enjoy the celebrations, food, drink, and entertainment, well into the Saturday night.
There's parking facilities & shuttle buses to make getting there & away as easy as posible, and camping options on the Friday evening before and the Saturday evening itself for those who want to make a special weekend of it.
This is a fully supported event - with everything you need to have push yourself, go further, achieve a 50km - and have a great time!
- Fully signed 50k route - Henley to Princes Risborough
- On route support team & full medical support
- Coffees, teas & snacks at start line
- Optional breakfast to purchase before you set off
- Mid-point refuel stops - in morning & afternoon
- FREE snacks, drinks, water
- Lunch stop - baguette picnic lunch
- Medal, glass of fizz as you cross the finish line
- Finisher's BBQ & Hog Roast
- Shuttles to Princes Risborough station at finish
- Post event celebrations - into the night
- BBQ & Hog Roast post Challenge
- Fire pit bonfire
- Beer tent & bar
- Stretching & warm down tent
- Optional overnight camping packages
- Camping facilities - showers & washrooms
- Supporters can also book food & join us
MAKING IT EASY FOR YOU...
- Starts - Mill Meadows, Henley - 5 mins walk from station
- Trains run into Henley from London regularly, takes 1 hr
- Finish - Princes, Risborough
- FREE shuttles to nearest train station (Princes Risborough)
- Trains run direct into London (50 min journey time)
- Last train 22:50
- Park (£5) & Ride (£10) service available (Finish to Start on rest on Sat morning)
- Ride shuttles to the start starting 6.00am
- Car is ready to be collected from finish line
- Free shuttles to Princes Risborough station after Challenge
- Parking at Henley station for drop offs at start
- Supporter parking available at finish
Join us to camp and make a weekend of it - we are putting on Saturday night entertainment with some music & a camp fire. We've put together camping options to suit you - whichever you go for there will be showers, free teas & coffee, a stretching warm up/down zone & a great atmosphere to revel with fellow challenges. To make it easy for you to join us on the Friday (from 6pm onwards), and/ or Saturday night also. With a host of other optional extras to make your weekend as easy and enjoyable as possible!
CAMPING OPTIONS at Princes Risborough (the finish)
Friday night camping (pitch only) - £15.00
Friday night camping (tent + roll mat) - £35.00
Friday night camping (tent + roll mat) – for 2 people sharing £50.00
Saturday night camping (pitch only) - £15.00
Saturday night camping (tent + roll mat) - £35.00
Saturday night camping (tent + roll mat) – for 2 people sharing £50.00
Friday AND Saturday night camping (pitch only) - £25.00
Friday AND Saturday night camping (tent + roll mat) - £45.00
Friday AND Saturday night camping (tent + roll mat) for 2 people sharing £65.00
Please note - campsite opens at 6pm Friday.
Saturday Morning Breakfast (Henley) - £7.50
Sunday Morning Breakfast (Princes Risborough) - £7.50
Saturday morning shuttle to start (Princes Risborough to Henley) - £10.00
Weekend parking at Princes Risborough - £5.00
Saturday evening shuttle from finish back to start (Princes Risborough to Henley) - £10.00
BAGGAGE TRANSFER (start to finish)
BAGGAGE STORAGE (at Princes Risborough finish)
This will be £5 and is payable in cash on the day of the Challenge. You do not need to pre-book.